Creating an artwork with framed lichen and a wooded world landmark is a great way to decorate any space. With these pieces, you get a natural 3D look, high quality framing and organic, hypoallergenic materials that will last a long time. Not to mention that no care is required – no watering or maintenance required – just sit back, relax, and enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds you. You get a beautiful, one-of-a-kind artwork.
About the Moss and Lichens
Mosses, lichens and plants that are used for production are cultivated in certified farms – with respect for the environment. The organic material is collected by hand and then sorted. Subsequently, the plants are ecologically stabilized using a natural solution with salt minerals, which stops the growth and prevents colour-degradation and decay – so-called mummification. Various different plants are used in our products, including ferns, Ball moss (scoop moss), forrest moss and Nordic Lichen.
Framed moss maps and decorations can be hung on a wall using a standard picture frame mounting hardware (installed on the back side of the frame). Wall anchors are not provided in the package.
Production and Delivery of Moss Maps & Decorations
Every piece of map is handmade with love in Slovakia. Many maps and decorations are well-stocked. If you are working towards a specific deadline, please contact us at the time of purchase.
- These decorations are for indoor use only.
- Do not place the map in direct sunlight – it may lose pigment.
- Do not water the plants and mosses – water will harm them (constant humidity greater than 80%).
- Do not place the product near fire, heating or other heat sources (constant humidity less than 40%).
- Avoid any mechanical damage (by pushing on the moss, etc.)
- The service life of the product is 5-8 years, if the manufacturer’s recommended instructions are followed.
- The product is covered by a 2-year warranty.